Boy, Everywhere – Refugee Week #VIPbookbox
This year, VIP Reading and O’s Refugee Aid Team are collaborating to bring Refugee Week to life. Our hashtag ‘Spread Hope’ recognises the difficulties faced by refugees in the world today. Inspiring children to engage with this theme is key.
This #SpreadHope book box is based on the book, ‘Boy, Everywhere’ written by AM Dassu and cover by Daby Zainab Faidhi. This box has been carefully designed by a team of educators, authors and illustrators. We hope this box will inspire new discussions, new questions, new insight into the plight of refugee from all walks of life, through a love of reading.
This box will feature more goodies than any previous box, thanks to the wonderful sponsors of this event: Learning by Questions, Cosy Direct, Old Barn Books, WRD Magazine, Nosy Crow, Lantana Publishing and Barrington Stoke.
Profits from the sale of this box will go to O’s Refugee Aid Team: https://www.osrefugeeaidteam.org
Box aimed at 9+
Box released: June 15th 2022 (in time for Refugee Week beginning 20th June)
Each box will contain:
– A copy of ‘Boy, Everywhere’ written by AM Dassu
– An exclusive letter from the author
– Signed print of Az (AM Dassu) by illustrator Elisa Paganelli
– Special one-off educational activities designed by teachers
– A Refugee Week #SpreadHope badge
– A Refugee Week #SpreadHope tote bag
– Seed packets, recipe cards (in English and Arabic) and gardening sheets gifted by the Lemon Tree Trust: https://lemontreetrust.org
– The Boy at the Back of the Class fundraising tool and activists’ gift from O’s Refugee Aid Team
– A message from Onjali Rauf, author and CEO of O’s Refugee Aid Team
– Tons more goodies from the sponsors of this week!
– A special VIP mystery treat!
Package RRP = unknown!